Monday, March 26, 2012

33 hours of pure bliss!

Friday, March 23, I woke up. Excited! I was going scrapping or as my wonderful husband Terry says crapping for 33 hours at Archiver's (Terry calls it Arcrapper's). So excited. I get to Archiver's and I start unpacking all of my supplies. I needed to go to the bathroom, but I really wanted to unpack first. Excited!!!! I met a wonderful and VERY talented scrapper named Mary Lou. She was there unpacking all her stuff. I brought everything except for the kitchen sink. We were able to leave everything overnight. Excited!!!!!

I unpacked everything. I thought I had everything ready and in my mind I had everything planned. Yeah right! As soon as I sat down to start, I pulled out my first batch of pictures and my mind went completely blank. Argh! Really? What was I going to do with these pictures. SO I walked around the store to get some inspiration. Aha! I found what I wanted to do. First layout/spread done. Of course it's 1 pm (I started at about 11 am).

Next batch of pictures.... maybe I should make a card first, so I don't have to think too much. Ok. Card done. Working on a lo. Taking forever. Ok, time to go and take TJ to his drop off point for his campout with the boy scouts. Come back. Kim is sitting at my table. Cool! A very talented scrapper, whom I just know from Archiver's.

Then Linda joined us, and then Cindy. OK. Hmmm.... Hardly any room for me to spread out. But that's ok. I'm flexible. Finished another lo. Helped Kim with an idea for one of her lo's. Helped Linda with hers. OK. Here's 11 pm, time to go home. No need to pack up, will be back tomorrow.

Saturday, I wake up. Excited! Ideas are going through my head at 200 mph. Should've written them down. Got to Archiver's and started die cutting letters for a swap. Done. Gotta go. Time for scouts. Picked up Olivija and went to scoouts. Came back to Archiver's at about 3:15 and Janet is sitting at the table. (We were told that there would be only 2 people at our table). I was happy to see her. Another very talented scrapper, that scraps at Archiver's every Friday. Then Kim came. OMG. She said she wasn't coming, but her plans changed and she came. Then Bonnie came. Full house at Archiver's. The 3 of us talked, ate, worked. Oh and we laughed. Janet and Kim are at Archiver's almost every Friday. Never really spoke to them. I just know that they were talented. And I was envious of their talent. I got to know them Saturday night. They are a hoot. Did I get much done? No not really, because I was not prepared. I had pictures. I had paper and embellishments. I didn't have them together. And those ideas that were racing through my head? Should've written them down.

Sunday morning came way too fast. Woke up tired. Terry is crabby, because I am going scrapbooking again. Went to church. Picked up Olivija after youth group. Went back to Archiver's. Finished my letters for the swap and one lo. That's it.

What was my problem? What advice could I give others, who are going on a long scrapbooking weekend. Preplan. Yes, I knew what pictures, what papers, what embellies  I was going to use, but they weren't together. I suggest/recommend to put it all together. If you are working on a graduation theme, pick out the papers you will be using, the embellies and out them in a bag, protective sleeve. Whatever. Write it down. As I said, I brought everything except the kitchen sink. I think, no, I KNOW, that if I would've listened to other scrappers who have done long scrapbooking weekends, I would've accomplished a lot more.

I have 17 years to catch up. I have done some, but I have a long way to go.

2 comments: